Display:

Saudi ruler ordered detention of missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi, report says

Mohammed bin Salman, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, ordered that Washington Post contributor Jamal Khashoggi be lured to that country from his home in the U.S. and detained, the paper reported Wednesday evening.

Khashoggi, 59, has not been seen since he entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2. Turkish officials have said that they believe Khashoggi was murdered and dismembered inside the building by members of an elite "assassination squad."

4 Other Related Articles

Fox News -
US intercepted Saudi plans to capture missing journalist, report says

U.S. intelligence agencies reportedly intercepted Saudi officials discussing a plan to capture Jamal Khashoggi, the journalist who disappeared after visiting the Saudi consulate in Turkey.

It remains unclear if the Saudi government intended to arrest or kill the journalist known for his writings criticizing the Saudi leadership, or whether the U.S. government informed Khashoggi that he was the target of the Saudi government, the report said.


Global News -
Donald Trump, State Dept. say they don’t know what happened to missing Saudi journalist

The U.S. State Department and President Donald Trump say they’re concerned about the disappearance of Saudi dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi, but they have no idea what happened to him.

READ MORE: Saudi journalist Khashoggi — reported killed in Turkey — slammed Saudi rulers over Canada spat, Yemen war. Later on Tuesday, the Washington Post reported that U.S. intelligence had intercepted communications of Saudi officials discussing a plan to capture Khashoggi, citing a source familiar with the situation.


Fox News -
Missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi believed killed, dismembered at Saudi consulate in Istanbul, report says

Turkish government officials have concluded that Saudi agents killed missing Washington Post contributor Jamal Khashoggi at the kingdom's Istanbul consulate and dismembered his body with a bone saw, The New York Times reported late Tuesday.

Khashoggi, 59, was last seen entering the Saudi consulate through the main entrance on Oct. 2. Saudi officials insisted he left the building through another exit, but have not provided public evidence to prove it.


Fox News -
Washington Post wants answers on missing journalist: 'We demand to know the truth'

The Washington Post repeated its demand Tuesday that the governments of Turkey and Saudi Arabia provide information about the whereabouts of contributor Jamal Khashoggi, who has not been seen since he entered Riyadh's consulate in Istanbul last week.

In a statement, Post CEO and Publisher Fred Ryan said the paper had "repeatedly asked the Saudi and Turkish governments for information about Jamal and his whereabouts but have not received satisfactory answers. Instead, reports about Jamal's fate have suggested he was a victim of state-sponsored, cold-blooded murder."



“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets...” ― Napoléon Bonaparte