- Most Positive
- Last Week
- Other ∨
- About Us ∨
- Also Show ∨
- Search ∨
- Contact Us
The Weinstein Company film studio announced Sunday that its directors have fired movie mogul Harvey Weinstein after the New York Times reported he settled sexual harassment lawsuits with at least eight women.
"In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, the directors of The Weinstein Company - Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar - have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately," the company's board of representatives said in a statement given to Fox News.
"In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, the directors of The Weinstein Company — Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar — have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately."
Weinstein's ouster is one of several recent sexual harassment scandals involving high-profile men in media and entertainment — a list that includes comedian Bill Cosby and Fox Chief Executive Roger Ailes and host Bill O'Reilly.
The board’s statement read in full: “In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, the directors of the Weinstein Company – Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar – have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with the Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately,”. Last week, it was alleged that Weinstein had reached at least eight settlements with women he had sexually harassed, and that he would invite women to his hotel room under the guise of work and then greet them naked or ask them to massage him or watch him shower.
“In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, the directors of The Weinstein Company — Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar — have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately,” the company’s board said in a statement on Sunday night.
Dozens of Democrats have moved quickly to sever ties with Harvey Weinstein, with many donating his campaign contributions to women’s charities, as more allegations of sexual harassment emerged.
On Saturday Donald Trump waded into the scandal, telling reporters at the White House: “I’ve known Harvey Weinstein for a long time. Among Weinstein’s accusers are the actors Ashley Judd and Rose McGowan, the latter of whom allegedly reached a $100,000 settlement for an incident of misconduct that happened when she was starring in Scream.
As movie mogul Harvey Weinstein confronts sexual harassment allegations dating back years, a TV news anchor who lodged an explosive claim of misconduct this week said it was "only possible now" because "far braver" women had come forward.
Weinstein is on indefinite leave from the company he co-founded while it conducts an investigation into the claims made by women including actors Ashley Judd and Rose McGowan and stretching back years.
The video was shown Friday by the women’s group Ultraviolet to protest President Trump’s attitudes towards women, according to Reuters.
They hosted a rally at Lafayette Square called “Rally to Grab Back”, referencing Trump’s words in the video, to coincide with the display.
On the day before news officially broke of alleged sexual harassment stretching back decades, Harvey Weinstein, the 65-year-old movie mogul, offered this comment: “The story sounds so good I want to buy the movie rights.”
Soon, Miramax, named for their parents Miriam and Max, became a key player in the industry and by 2005, Weinstein left to form the Weinstein Company. Yet his extraordinary cultural force, one recognised in accolades including an honorary CBE from the Queen and the Légion d’honneur from the French consulate, has arguably waned.
Lisa Bloom, the feminist attorney who had been serving as an adviser to embattled movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, abruptly resigned from that role on Saturday, suggesting that Weinstein may be on the verge of leaving the studio he founded.
Weinstein took a leave of absence from the Weinstein Co., the film production company he co-founded with his brother Bob Weinstein, after the New York Times published a devastating story on Thursday detailing decades of alleged harassment of actresses and underlings.
The attorney Lisa Bloom has resigned her role as an adviser to the movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, after facing criticism for defending a man accused of repeated sexual harassment.
Bloom, who announced in April that Weinstein was producing a series based on a book she wrote, previously defended her advisory position by saying the alleged behavior was “gross” but that she “found Harvey to be refreshingly candid and receptive to my message”. Weinstein said in a recent interview with Page Six: “I am going to fix myself, I am going to fix how I deal with women and how I deal with my temper and power … I came of age in the 60s and 70s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different.”
The lawyer Lisa Bloom said on Saturday that she had resigned as an adviser to Harvey Weinstein, the high-powered film producer facing allegations of rampant sexual harassment.
Her announcement came a day after a third of the all-male board of the Weinstein Company resigned, as the remaining board members announced that they had hired an outside law firm to investigate the allegations and that Mr. Weinstein would take an indefinite leave of absence.
Whether the alleged perpetrator is Harvey Weinstein, Roger Ailes or Bill O’Reilly, sexual harassment comes at a steep price.
The New York Times on Thursday released an investigation into Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, writing about “decades of sexual harassment allegations.” In a statement to the paper, Lisa Bloom, an attorney advising Weinstein, said, “He denies many of the accusations as patently false.”
Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is on indefinite leave from the company he co-founded while an internal investigation into numerous sexual harassment allegations against him is completed, The Weinstein Co.’s board of directors announced Friday.
Harvey Weinstein responds to sexual harassment claims, plans to take legal action. Weinstein has had a powerful perch in Hollywood for three decades, producing films like “Pulp Fiction” and “Shakespeare in Love,” for which he won an Oscar.
Harvey Weinstein’s film and television company has hired a law firm to investigate the sexual harassment allegations against the indie film impresario.
4:55 p.m.: This article was updated with a statement from the Weinstein Co., and additional details about the board meeting.
Weinstein Co. orders investigation of Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment allegations. Gretchen Carlson's lawsuit and Cosby's accusers paved the way for Weinstein allegations to go public. California Journal: Another man behaving badly in Hollywood — this time, Harvey Weinstein.
When the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape leaked one year ago, capturing then-candidate, now-President Trump bragging in coarse terms in 2005 about being allowed to grab women because he was a celebrity, Hollywood had a meltdown.
Movie and television producer Harvey Weinstein will take an indefinite leave of absence from his company, the board of directors of The Weinstein Co. announced on Friday.
The report detailed encounters Weinstein allegedly had with other women working for the Weinstein Company, as well as official settlements from people associated with him, including actress Rose McGowen, who was issued a $100,000 settlement that Weinstein specifically said was not an admission of guilt.
Movie and television producer Harvey Weinstein will be suspended from his film company pending an internal probe into sexual harassment claims against the Hollywood mogul, a source with knowledge of the decision said on Friday.
Leadership of The Weinstein Co. is expected to be assumed by Weinstein's brother, Bob Weinstein, and David Glasser, the company's chief operating officer and president. Weinstein's alleged inappropriate behavior with women in the last 30 years was detailed in the bombshell report.
US President Donald Trump's administration announced on Friday that more employers will now be able to obtain an exemption from providing no-cost birth control for women on the grounds of religious or moral objections.
Send Facebook Twitter Google+ Whatsapp Tumblr linkedin stumble Digg reddit Newsvine. "All Americans should have the freedom to peacefully live and work consistent with their faith without fear of government punishment," the conservative Christian legal group Alliance Defending Freedom said in a statement.
As Hollywood continues to react to a report detailing decades of sexual harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein, Washington, D.C., is getting a 12-hour public screening of the president’s lecherous “Access Hollywood” video.
The past 18 months have seen the late Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly and L.A. Reid all ousted from positions for inappropriate contact with female employees, with additional allegations against Cinefamily founders, Alamo Drafthouse’s Devin Faraci, Ain’t It Cool News movie blogger Harry Knowles, R. Kelly, Louis C.K. and Amazon studio chief Roy Price.
One of Harvey Weinstein’s legal advisers called his behavior illegal and gross on Friday as the fallout over claims the powerful Hollywood producer spent decades exploiting and harassing young women caught in his orbit continued.
Attempting to restate his liberal credentials, he attacked the NRA – currently in damage-control mode following the Las Vegas shooting – and said he had been “organizing a $5m foundation to give scholarships to women directors at USC” for the last year.
A women’s advocacy group is playing the infamous and lewd “Access Hollywood” video of President Trump on a large screen Friday on the Mall.
Friday and is set to stop about 9 p.m.. [This 45-foot statue of a naked woman could be coming to the Mall for four months]. Some tourists visiting the Mall stopped to watch the video Friday m0rning while some with children walked past it without stopping.
Donald Trump's government has issued a ruling that allows employers to opt out of providing free birth control to millions of Americans.
The department disputes reports that millions of women may lose their birth control coverage if they are unable to pay for it themselves. Roger Severino, the director of the HHS Office of Civil Rights, argued that only a small percentage of employers will choose to opt out, and therefore only a limited number of women will be affected.
Oscar-winning movie producer Harvey Weinstein on Thursday threatened to sue the New York Times after it reported that he had been the target of sexual harassment complaints.
The New York Times reported that Weinstein, 65, had reached eight previously undisclosed settlements with women who made allegations of sexual harassment and unwanted physical contact. New York Times spokeswoman Danielle Rhoades Ha said the newspaper was confident about its reporting, adding that Weinstein “was aware and able to respond to specific allegations in our story before publication.”